Carbon Monoxide poisoning is still a real issue for campers.
Around 50 people die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning.
In the past few years we’ve heard of tragic stories of people in tents, and more recently a family on a private boat, dying from carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is undetectable by smell or taste; which is why many may incorrectly think that they are safe to do this. If you inhale enough Carbon Monoxide the outcome can be fatal. In smaller doses, carbon monoxide can cause symptoms similar to flu or food poisoning. Symptoms to look out for look out for include: dizziness, headache, nausea and drowsiness. Read the full article on the Go Outdoors blog here.
For free days out why not visit Walks And Walking, our sister website that offers free UK walking routes. They also provides walking tips and advice with reviews and offers for walking clothes, walking accessories and walking boots. Visit their shop for latest offers from leading outdoor retailers – Cotswold Outdoor, Go Outdoors, Craghoppers, Blacks, Millets, Timberland and more.